BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

I have $50 on my apple account; not sure what to use it on

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon EastmanI have $50 on my apple account; not sure what to use it on
by on Nov 27, 2014 at 5:07:28 pm

I just purchased Final Cut X from the App Store last weekend onto my new computer. Mistakenly I thought the app had tax applied to the $299.99, so I had $350 worth of gift cards applied to my account. Well, tax wasnt applied and I have $50 remaining on my account. Any recommendations as to how best to apply this money for a purchase or two?

Now I've worked with Compressor before, and hear it pairs well with FCPX, but is it overkill to have if I am editing/exporting single video projects? If I understand properly, FCPX already has many features from Compressor in terms of presets, abilities, etc. Would buying Compressor be a waste to get for my freelance videography?

I am trying to get a career job as a camera crew member (2nd AC to start), so maybe I could purchase a book or app(s) that would assist me in being an assistant cameraman. Any app(s) to recommend? I already know I want to get two books, but am torn between having a physical copy from the bookstore, or getting something digital to have on my phone or read from my iMac (I don't have/use a tablet).

Thank you for any help you may lend me.
Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: I have $50 on my apple account; not sure what to use it on
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 5:12:36 pm

Easy: buy Apple Motion 4 to go with your FCPX purchase. They work very well together and you'll be able to do a lot of what Adobe After Effects can do. Motion I feel is much easier for a beginner to learn than AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved