BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

selling stock footage South Africa

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Nelselling stock footage South Africa
by on Nov 27, 2014 at 2:18:58 pm

I am a South African camera operator with 1600 hours of some of the most dramatic video images captured as a result of my work with the emergency services in this country. The DV footage includes 12 aircraft crash aftermaths - including helicopters - train and accidents and disaster zones in India, Iran and Thailand - as well as hundreds of vehicle accidents, including over six burning tankers etc. Footage was broadcast over a ten year period on SA television news. Where can I sell and for how much?

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: selling stock footage South Africa
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 9:19:31 pm

DV footage is hard to sell but if the content is worth it people will over look that. Some sited to consider:

-Pond5 (my favorite and it is very easy to use )
-istockphoto ( They barely give you a cut of the earnings so you'll need to weigh that in your discussion)

There are a lot more sites out there but those are the ones I use the most. I would personally upload maybe 10 of my best clips and see if it works out for you before you upload a million clips.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved