BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

"Which Camera Should I buy?" (Possible answer)

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Asselin"Which Camera Should I buy?" (Possible answer)
by on Oct 5, 2014 at 4:45:34 am

One of the most popular questions we have all seen from those entering the business is "What camera should I buy?"

Now I won't get into all of the details but I recently purchased a second camera for where my DSLR is not the best choice and I can't get over how great this camera is for the money.

The Panasonic AG-AC90 is no low-light superstar but it can hold its' own. I especially like the dual card configuration which allows for an instant back-up.

With a street price under 2K you could do worse.

http://panasonic.ca/english/broadcast/broadcast/dvformat/AGAC90P.asp

Dan

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: "Which Camera Should I buy?" (Possible answer)
by on Oct 5, 2014 at 2:39:03 pm

Believe it or not, we've used the $200 Canon Vixia HF400 camera for many situations that require a small camera with good low light capabilities. Has all the professional features such as manual white balance, manual exposure, manual audio controls, microphone input, etc.... 1080p camera and when color graded, can match up to many other cameras.

Now moving forward, I would not put too much stock into anything that's HD only. 4k is coming on too fast. We're doing a test shoot next weekend with the Panasonic GH4 and I just took delivery of a Blackmagic 4k Cinema Camera. With the prices of these, and a few others, being so cheap, doesn't make much sense to limit yourself to HD. The GH4 lists at $1699 for example.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Dan AsselinRe: "Which Camera Should I buy?" (Possible answer)
by on Oct 5, 2014 at 2:59:01 pm

I own an HF 400 as well and love it as a "crash" cam. The places I have placed that camera would fill a large list. Especially when paired with a Gorilla Pod. Getting back to the AG AC90 there's one item it offers the HF400 can't match. That is size. In this case bigger is better from a client impression standpoint. It shouldn't be that way but it is. Everyone who works with DSLR's has had the conversation with first-time customers to convince them that they CAN get great video from such a small item. The AG-AC90 could be a 60K camera for all the client knows and is quite capable, in most instances, of obtaining footage clients will be happy with.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: "Which Camera Should I buy?" (Possible answer)
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 1:58:01 am

It has been a joke for a long time, but this guy went and did it:

Not done very well, but conveys the concept.

Return to posts index

Dan AsselinRe: "Which Camera Should I buy?" (Possible answer)
by on Oct 6, 2014 at 3:51:19 am

The best comedy always has a grain of truth in it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]