BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Show Idea

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua ShepherdShow Idea
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 2:25:47 am

I had an idea about a show called "Normal America", I am a very normal 38 year old middle class American. I thought of having myself travel all around the country to see what each state views as the norm. I would be visiting other middle class American homes to see what they do for their day, including meals, jobs and family social norms. We always get bombarded with how all these celebrities or extremely wealthy people live. I think the nation would love to see how every other 'normal' household lives! My email is in my account information so please shoot me out an email if you are really interested in finding out more about my idea and let me know.

Josh Shepherd

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Show Idea
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 2:17:43 pm

Hey Josh,

Rule number one if you want to keep your idea: Do not share it in public!

Unfortunately I am in the UK, but the idea sounds interesting. Although great telly normally comes out of people who are not conventional.

Rather than looking to show it to the nation, you should set up a YouTube channel and show it to the world instead. This will also give you freedom to tweak the format to perfect.

Good Luck

All the Best

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Show Idea
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 2:43:13 pm

I'm with Mads. It's also been done a bunch of times already, but that need not stop you from doing your personal take on it. Could be fun as a youtube idea. But you don't have to actually travel to do the show. It may help, but it's not required.

What I mean is, you can take all the statistical data for each state's people, and animate some cool, mutating, animated graphics and kinetic typography to illustrate each statistic.

Take just weight and height, for example: make make and female silhouettes that change in proportions as you fly in various state and country names.

Use morphing plug-ins as well, on real people stills and motion video.

Return to posts index

Joshua ShepherdRe: Show Idea
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 5:39:08 pm

I appreciate everyone's responses and ideas. I will have to look more into the statistical data for each state, and I have a few ideas but then those are more related to the darker side of American culture. I am in recovery and have been sober for 11 years and work as a drug counselor so I have heard so MANY stories and crazy things people do while being in active addiction, and sadly americans are fascinated with watching other people's misery!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Show Idea
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 6:16:25 pm

Misery isn't the only thing that sells on TV. So does triumph and success.

Return to posts index

Joshua ShepherdRe: Show Idea
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 8:17:32 pm

I know success and triumph does as well, that's why I'd like to focus more on the people who are recovering successfully from addiction and not focus on all the negative aspects of addiction, anyways this is a little off-topic. Once again thank you everyone for your time and input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved