BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

re: personal YouTube channel

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante personal YouTube channel
by on Mar 4, 2014 at 2:21:08 am

This isn't really a post about business or marketing but I didn't know where to ask. My nine year old daughter wants a private YouTube channel. She says she's only going to give it to a couple people. But I'm worried about those people handing it out. Am I paranoid about keeping her aninymity or did I just answer my own question?

Return to posts index

Kylee PeñaRe: re: personal YouTube channel
by on Mar 4, 2014 at 3:28:08 am

The minimum age to have aYouTube account is 13.

I believe with a private YouTube channel, you have to add people to it by email address, so they can only see it when they log in. So yeah, they can't just hand it out, for your reference.

Keep in mind that YouTube videos are very easily ripped and can be reposted. All video online is subject to republishing one way or another.

(Of course, I made plenty of online accounts when I was 12 and lied about being 13 but that was long before YouTube and online video. I really wanted to play Neopets and my parents didn't understand the Internet.)

twitter: @kyl33t

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: re: personal YouTube channel
by on Mar 4, 2014 at 5:46:16 pm

The things out there on the "private" setting are only private until someone shares the URL or uses a tool to rip it. I mean, the simplest thing would be to just turn on your free screen-grabbing software while playing it... so, as Kylee says; there IS NO Iron-Clad secure way to keep an online video "private". If you go ahead, pre-screen the material with the understanding that the Internet Is Forever.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: re: personal YouTube channel
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 7:49:56 pm

I would tell your daughter she can't upload anything without your permission. If you help her get the channel up you will be able to monitor it.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved