BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Conference or Convention

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach YoungbloodConference or Convention
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 4:35:03 pm

I didn't know where exactly to post this, but this forum seemed appropriate. I am looking for a filmmaking, video or motion graphics related conference or convention to go to. It is paid for by my employer, just needs to be state-side but I can't find many. NAB Conference seems to be a best bet, any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Conference or Convention
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 6:08:01 pm

Next to NAB, which can't be beat...there are the DV Expos. Those I think wander about the country...

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeff BreuerRe: Conference or Convention
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 6:16:04 pm

Depending on what you are looking for there are a lot of training/Adobe Certification classes that offer inclusive packages on airfare/travel expenses that look nice and tidy for your employer, if those interest you.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Conference or Convention
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 6:36:12 pm

There are the Rockport and Sony week-long courses... but if you're taking votes, and the boss is paying, you SHOULD go to NAB at least one time. NAB offers a lot of hands-on shopping and examination of products, but often you can also attend specific workshops of interest.

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Conference or Convention
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:05:56 pm

Hey Mark; Off topic but have a potential writing gig....shoot me an email at

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Conference or Convention
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:27:09 pm

We had a very successful Southeast Creative Summit this past October in Atlanta and we're making plans to bring that back this fall. It was three days of workshops led by working professionals in all aspects of the industry and business.

I would also highly recommend NAB in Las Vegas each April as the place to see anything and everything regarding our industry in one place. There is also the Post World training conference that runs concurrent to the NAB Show.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Southeast Creative Summit, Returning in 2014!
Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved