BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

2014 so good?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Wilson2014 so good?
by on Feb 14, 2014 at 11:10:19 pm

I know it's a bit early to be drawing any conclusions about the year, but generally speaking, how things looking? Have things been moving in the right direction for you?

Tim Wilson
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: 2014 so good?
by on Feb 15, 2014 at 5:02:07 am

So far, so good. We're hopeful it will be a good year.

Like always, life would be better if things would even out a little bit. We'll have a week or so where although we have work to do, the pace is a little more leisurely than it would be in a perfect world. Then that will be followed by a couple of weeks where we're too busy to breathe. Then another few slackass days (the days when I claim I'm going to clean my office or unload all the junk that's collected in the greenroom or organize the studio... but never do). If it would just all spread out nice and even.... but as I've learned, almost everyone has that same complaint.

Lately I find myself complaining more about quality than quantity (which I know I shouldn't). We have enough work to do (although we'd always love and could accommodate more), but it's not always the most fun work. I try not to whine about it, as I know we are blessed and are fortunate to have a few main clients that give us decent budgets and fun projects... but it's all those boring little ones in between that can be a little mind numbing and not always easy to generate enthusiasm for. Recently a COW colleague gave me a great term for those, "nuisance clients." But, they help keep the doors open, and I try not to lose sight of that.

Let's hope we all have a great 2014....

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: 2014 so good?
by on Feb 17, 2014 at 11:04:50 am

Pretty busy...I can't seem to stick to one show. I started the year editing one show (with 3 editors) I've been working on since June. I was then moved to another show (with 5 other editors)...but that lasted 8 days before I was moved back to show #1 to finish the season, then onto show #3...just as I sent off the fine cut I was drafted to work on show #4 for a week (with 3 other editors), turned that into the network, they said "HOME RUN!" so back to show #3, but a different episode while we wait for notes on the episode I was working on before.

SHow #3 will wrap at the end of April, in which case I'll be moved to show #5 for a month or so until the second season of show #1 comes along.

And in midst of all this I'm color correcting an independent doc, slated to color correct two more shows at the end of the month.

Oh, and then NAB in April where I'll be working for AJA.

Yeah...good year thus far. Busy too.

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: 2014 so good?
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:21:37 pm

I'm upbeat; we're going to be replacing our antiquated and decrepit old GVG200 with a Ross Carbonite in the next few months, ripping out the betacam decks to put in solid state hard drive recorders, adding new HD studio cameras, tossing out spastic old CRTs and hanging flatscreen monitors everywhere, all of which we've had on wish lists for almost a decade. I'm telling our clients to anticipate a jump in the technical quality of our studio productions. I have new gear to learn how to use, and new software, which is both scary and exciting at the same time. New clients are coming in: not big, but satisfying gigs. I'm getting more VO gigs and the side job writing scripts for "Innovation Now" is going great: I won an award in 2013 and got renewed for another season. Not everything is wonderful, but more things are good than not, and the overall trend is positive and hopeful.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: 2014 so good?
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:29:46 pm

Lots on the potential plate both from outside clients and my MTWD Entertainment development company.

We're also in the midst of a "re-invention" of Biscardi Creative Media both in terms of our business model and our brand / services to better respond to client needs and open the door to new avenues of work.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Southeast Creative Summit, Returning in 2014!
Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved