BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Deal Memos, etc.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher MarcusDeal Memos, etc.
by on Jan 25, 2014 at 4:45:51 am

Hello Everyone,

Quick question for VFX work. I'm most likely going to be hiring someone to work on a short film I completed for VFX.

I'm familiar with on set protocol, deal memos and the sort of language therein... but for post work I'm a little less familiar and have a couple questions.

1. Is there a standard deal memo or contract that freelance VFX artists are normally required to sign? As I mentioned on sets, you can find pretty standard deal memos for those positions. Are VFX and post positions similar or are they set up differently?

2. If a VFX artist plans on doing some work for free at first, just to see if I like what he does, what should I have him sign? Even though it's a short and no one cares about it, I'd prefer to have him sign something in regards to what he is allowed to do with the footage I give him. I don't mind someone keeping something for their reel or for hiring purposes, but I don't know these people and would like to know what is typically set? Or what should I have him sign?

I know this is handled in the deal memo normally, but since we're not at that point yet, any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved