BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Managing team workflow

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex MorrisManaging team workflow
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 4:24:24 pm
Last Edited By Alex Morris on Jan 23, 2014 at 4:24:47 pm

Hi all,

So myself and my business partner started a production company in the UK a few years ago. We produce commercials for businesses/via agencies, and typically would do it all in-house; so creative, production, post, delivery and integration. Generally we'd assign ourselves projects and usually work on the whole process.

Since then, we've expanded and taken several people on full-time, and currently have some ads out to take on some more talented folk. However, that leads me on to the main crux of my question.

Do you guys have any go-to tools for managing a small office of creatives like us? Something like a jobs board that shows what people are working on and preferably how far in/how many hours they might have spent on a project. Would prefer it to be something digital/cloud-based and ok to pay for it providing it offers value. I just want to ensure that as we expand that staff have a clearer idea of what they're working on, and so does everyone else.

Would really appreciate any help anyone can offer :)

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Managing team workflow
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 9:09:58 pm

WE are an all Mac shop and have used iBiz for years as just a logging tool for hours. It is network based but not sure if it is cloud based....we use it only on our intranet.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Managing team workflow
by on Jan 23, 2014 at 9:53:33 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Jan 23, 2014 at 10:05:31 pm

We use a customized version of Microsoft Sharepoint; it does about 90 percent of what we need, but the price was right. It links a calendar to MS outlook email, contains a team discussion space for individual projects, and I never had to run or look at them, but it can generate reports on various stats you've flagged like hours or costs, etc.

There's a package I've liked called studioSuite 8 ( I think, it's been a while) : it's basically a custom interface skin running on top of a copy of a mac-based database program, Filemaker Pro, but that "skin" is a custom, easy-to-use and understand, plain-language visual interface that covers just about every item and issue a video rental or production house might need to track.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved