BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

DVD Fulfillment Services

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay FishbackDVD Fulfillment Services
by on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:57:02 pm
Last Edited By Jay Fishback on Jan 6, 2014 at 10:12:19 pm

Hello wonderful people,

I'm looking to self distribute a couple of short documentaries. I'm not looking to package and send each time someone orders online, so I'm looking at fulfillment sites like CreateSpace, and DiscMakers fulfillment services. What experiences have people had out there? These documentaries are for non-profits, so I would like a way to add a "code" to the order so that a portion goes to the non-profit. This is something that doesn't need to be automatic. I want to just look at it monthly and then send a check to them if they created sales for me.

Also, distrify is an option, but I do not know if they have a mail fulfillment service.

Thanks a ton,

Earth without art is just Eh

Return to posts index

Ron HersheyRe: DVD Fulfillment Services
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:18:32 pm

Have you considered selling online (download the DVD) and making the physical DVD an option for the buyer? It's easy to track sales so you know how much to contribute to the non-profit, offering as a download increases sales because of the rapidly growing mobile market, the video can be secured against unauthorized copying and/or distribution, the download version is automatically compatible with virtually any device (PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, and it's even possible to make it compatible with SmartTV), and you can give your buyers the option to burn their own copy-protected DVD on a PC.

We provide the download service and fulfillment of physical DVD orders. Let me know if you would like to explore it further.

Ron Hershey
Endeavor Digital, Inc.
Digital Content Management Solutions

Return to posts index

Charity LundRe: DVD Fulfillment Services
by on Jan 14, 2014 at 3:42:30 pm

Hi Jay: One solution that comes to mind is API integration. An API can deliver your customer's order information to your CRM. A good CRM will allow you to automatically tag your non-profit orders as "non-profit", which you can then set up an automatic monthly report to be sent to you. Do you use a CRM? If so, look for a fulfillment house that has the ability to integrate your CRM with an API, so whether you use them to ship your disks or not, this will still be automated. If you need a recommendation for a fulfillment company that can handle this AND does print & media duplication/replication, just give me a shout.

Kind Regards,

Shipping made sexy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved