BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

DVDs- Replication vs. Duplication - Pros/Cons & Companies

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Bergstein
DVDs- Replication vs. Duplication - Pros/Cons & Companies
on Dec 16, 2013 at 5:15:18 pm

Hi folks, We need a small run of 500 DVDs of a project I just completed. There is an old thread here on Dup vs Rep companies but I thought I would re-ask. First off, I assume I want replication not duplication? And if so, why? Any good company recommendations from folks who have done this recently? We have a few possible companies, but always like to use references if possible.

Al

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: DVDs- Replication vs. Duplication - Pros/Cons & Companies
on Dec 16, 2013 at 6:12:10 pm

I can HIGHLY recommend Matt Townley of MST Productions - Matt@MSTProductions.com

Very honest, straightforward and knowledgeable.

He is also a regular contributor to various COW forums.

Return to posts index

Ron Hershey
Re: DVDs- Replication vs. Duplication - Pros/Cons & Companies
on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:13:40 pm

Hello Al,

I'd be happy to help. Our company provides duplication and replication services. The primary difference between duplication and replication is price and turnaround. Replication at this quantity is a little less expensive, but turnaround is typically about 2 weeks. Duplication is more expensive, but the turnaround for 500 can be as short as a few days. Also, with duplication, we can provide better quality print on the surface, if that's important for your project. (Duplication print can be photorealistic - think about the covers of National Geographic magazine and that's about the same quality of print we can deliver with duplication.)

There are some other differences I can share with you if you need more info. Let me know if you need anything else.

Ron Hershey
Endeavor Digital, Inc.
Digital Content Management Solutions
717-685-4030
ronh@endeavordigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]