BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

A letter to Spike Lee

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom SeftonA letter to Spike Lee
by on Nov 29, 2013 at 1:08:01 pm

Don't know if anyone else has seen this yet...

Return to posts index

Paddy UglowRe: A letter to Spike Lee
by on Nov 29, 2013 at 2:34:37 pm

An interesting and sad tale - and haven't various films got into trouble recently for using unpaid interns too?
There's only so much money - if someone's getting a massive salary, then someone or something else is getting squeezed; usually safety or salaries.
If you're working for more than you think the job's worth, or hiring in expensive gear that's way beyond requirements, maybe there's a story like this going on behind the scenes to pay for it?

Return to posts index

Paddy UglowRe: A letter to Spike Lee
by on Nov 29, 2013 at 3:49:24 pm

In fact, it reminds me of an advert I saw the other day. Some guys were asking for someone to do unpaid editing on their film.... shot on a Red Epic! Round here that's at least £300 a day to hire.
And the poor unpaid editor will probably be waiting hours for all that video data to transfer off the Red drives and to transcode, and render all those millions of pixels....!

Makes me mad!!

Speaking of Red, I'm thinking of getting one of those red-bodied Panasonic GH1s and telling clients I shoot everything on a red camera! ;-)

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: A letter to Spike Lee
by on Nov 30, 2013 at 3:07:07 am

Dang, yes that is both a sad and amazing story. I wish I could say it was a surprising story, but it isn't.

Apparently that page is being quite flooded. I couldn't get it to load, but here's a cached version....'>

And some interesting Reddit discussion...

I hope the guy gets this resolved to his satisfaction. Can't wait to hear the outcome...

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: A letter to Spike Lee
by on Dec 1, 2013 at 1:43:04 am

Hmmm...links are down.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>