BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Need a good English to Spanish video translator service in Chicago, tomorrow. Any Suggestions?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Need a good English to Spanish video translator service in Chicago, tomorrow. Any Suggestions?
on Nov 15, 2013 at 8:49:58 pm

Any suggestions welcome.

Return to posts index

Alex Kogan
Re: Need a good English to Spanish video translator service in Chicago, tomorrow. Any Suggestions?
on Nov 15, 2013 at 10:43:38 pm

Mark, are you looking for an interpreter? My company does all sorts of foreign language video work, but I'm getting the sense you're looking for a live interpreter versus a translator. If so I have someone I can recommend to you. But it is short notice so I don't know how available they would be.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Need a good English to Spanish video translator service in Chicago, tomorrow. Any Suggestions?
on Nov 15, 2013 at 11:03:52 pm

There is no transcript, I need a female live translator/interpreter who can listen to a 35-minute speech from a DVD or FTP'd file, and freely translate it into Spanish "on the fly", and send me back a DVD or FTP file with the synched-up language voice-over track on one channel and the English on the other. Castillian Spanish preferred, but am too short on time to be very fussy, long as it isn't too obscure a dialect.

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Nov 15, 2013 at 11:50:41 pm
Last Edited By Ned Miller on Nov 16, 2013 at 12:49:52 am

Mark,

Email me asap = ned AT nedmiller.com

I called my Spanish guy and he is available tomorrow. You can explain what you need and if he isn't up to it he can refer you to someone.

Or go to my site and call me on the number you see there.

Best,

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com
www,bizvideo.com

Return to posts index

Alex Kogan
on Nov 16, 2013 at 12:17:49 am

What you're describing would be a live interpreter. It's very short notice, but I would contact David Medrano at http://www.interprenet.net. You can mention that I referred you. I don't want to write his e-mail address in this post, but it's his first name @ his obvious company e-mail address. He is Spanish and has a network of interpreters. Again, short notice on a Friday night, but who knows?

I can tell you if you can't get ahold of him, you want to get someone who is an interpreter versus a translator for this. If David can't help you, I'd call up the Instituto Cervantes in Chicago. They have several people there who are usually Spanish and do this kind of live translation at events (312) 335-1996. They are basically the Spanish government's language schools worldwide.

Alex

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 16, 2013 at 5:16:47 am

Timeline got pushed to late next week. Thanks for the suggestions; keep them coming, and I'll try to follow up on each one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]