BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

School information

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Billy debuSchool information
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 7:58:36 am

Hello my name is Billy DEBU, I am 16 and I am french (sorry for my english),
I just need an advice from your company ...

As I told you before I'm 16 (so I have to find a school to get information for next year) , and I am fascinated about your work… I would like you to give me some good schools names (of special effects and motion design, using after effects and other amazing softwares of course !) located in USA, because it is really difficult for me to know exactly which school is good for me or not from France…

And I am not interested about losing my time "drawing" instead of creating animation, because I have a big passion that is my "job", so it is really difficult to match my "job" with school, so I hope you will understand that I don't want to spend time doing something that will not bring me some opportunities in the near future … (I tell this because some of my friends went in that kind of schools and it was "all" except animation and special effects …)

I hope you understand what I mean, I just want to find good schools (that are working with companies and big clients, to give me opportunities into cinema, TV...) where I can study your kind of work .

Hope to hear from you soon, and Keep up the great work (because your crew is doing an incredible job !),
and please sincerely tell me if a school is the real solution to be a motion designer...
Best regards,

Billy DEBU

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: School information
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 8:22:02 pm

If I may summarize :-) Billy is a 16 year old student in France, looking for the best advice he can get about US colleges offering good programs in VFX and motion graphics. He's also looking for schools that can connect students with strong internship programs.

He had written me about this offline, and I took my best guess in suggesting which forum he should ask this question in. You cats seem helpful and informed, so here we go.

Thanks,
Tim

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: School information
by on Sep 3, 2013 at 10:59:55 pm

My understanding of his request is that he'd rather do a tech school with lots of hands-on software tutoring, than a standard liberal arts school program. So I'd point him towards FullSail and programs like that, though I don't know how he's going to manage the language barrier.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2013 at 12:37:53 am

He's on the thread, you can talk to him. LOL Also, anybody who works in Florida is used to dealing with people whose first language isn't English. That's the easy part.

Billy, I agree that a school like Full Sail in Orlando Florida is exactly what you want. Strong training, excellent internships, 13-month programs, no wasted time.

I am certain that there are other programs like Full Sail that are worth considering. This is just the only one that I have personal experience with. I have huge respect for them, and encourage every student to consider them if this is the kind of education you want.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: School information
by on Sep 4, 2013 at 12:48:44 am

I would also suggest that a lot of good tutorial stuff is out there on YouTube, and some of the you tube clips at least have the ability to translate the captions to French. A couple of these, every day, while waiting to come over, can only help get you a running start. Bon Chance, kid! :-)

Return to posts index

Billy debuRe: School information
by on Sep 4, 2013 at 4:16:08 pm

Thank you very much for these informations!
I am going to look at this school and the cool thing is that I will be in Orlando on november!
Thanks again for this precious advices (coming from professionals),
Best regards ,

Billy DEBU

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: School information
by on Sep 10, 2013 at 7:38:10 pm

I have never been to Full Sail but I thought they offered classes online so you don't have to live in Florida. Not sure it that is only for the United States though. Also, on a un-related note. Went to Paris France and loved it. Such a great place. I really enjoyed the people and food.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2013 at 9:21:12 am

Thank you for your reply!
You know, living in Florida is not a problem for me (I have many friends) as well as the English language (I can understand english very well, but it is more difficult to speak it),
I send a message to the school in order to be able to visit Full Sail (I'm waiting for the reply), and the other problem is the fact that I already know many things on motion design and special effects, and when I saw the student's work online, I didn't really find that it was a very incredible level of performance...
For the moment I am only trying to find a school with good job placements,
Thank you again for your message,
and I am going to look at your links !
Yours truly,

Billy

Return to posts index

by on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:55:40 pm

Billy,
Another option for finding a job is to do an internship. Depending on where you go you could gain great contacts or even get hired once the internship is done. I hope you enjoy your tour of Full Sail and good luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2013 at 8:50:54 am

Stephen,
Firstly, I took a look on your work (dvds...), this is really amazing and really clean!
Thank you for another very precious advice (I saw many internships on Gnomon school...), I am going to take note of the dates!
If you are interested, I will be performing in Florida (Daytona) on november 1,2,3 for the Daytona magic convention. (because I am the french champion of magic)
So If you like cards manipulation and close-up magic you will be welcome! (and I hope it will be possible to meet after the show...)
Thank you,
Best regards,

Billy DEBU

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2013 at 10:22:02 am

[Billy debu] "because I am the french champion of magic"

So, I had to go look for some video.

Okay everybody, meet Billy. :-)

Return to posts index

by on Sep 16, 2013 at 3:33:19 pm

I love it! Great video Billy. Also, thanks for the invite...getting away from the office is hard for me. I have a hard time making it to NAB and I'm close enough I can drive. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

by on Sep 19, 2013 at 4:46:26 pm

Hello Sephen,
No problem for Florida , and thanks again for your very quick answers (that really helped me),
Keep up the great work (because your work is awesome),
Best regards,

Billy DEBU

Return to posts index

by on Sep 19, 2013 at 4:52:23 pm

That was a very short live in Italia (really funny),
You are also very welcome in Florida of course Tim! as well as all the people that like magic!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]