BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Latest Project Finished!

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Roughan
Latest Project Finished!
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:00:13 pm

Thanks for the previous help with the conception and shot list planning tips guys.
Here is the finished Spot and Reminder.

https://vimeo.com/71803218

https://vimeo.com/71803219

Comments and Critique?

Thanks again
Simon

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling is for fools, but that's the way I like it, baby. I don't want to live forever!

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Latest Project Finished!
on Aug 6, 2013 at 9:37:46 pm

Sweet spot. Great acting and editing. SFX work too.

Loved it.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 7, 2013 at 3:21:22 am

Solid direction, and very good DP work.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:51:05 am

Heady praise indeed!
Thanks guys.

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling is for fools, but that's the way I like it, baby. I don't want to live forever!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 7, 2013 at 2:02:35 pm

I like it, Simon, but I would tighten up the timing of the shot where the girl hits the guy in the groin, there is too long a pause there - and to sell the entire reason for the Kung-Fu, the magazine s on the table should have a real or fake but very obvious karate or kung-fu magazine cover on top.

If you hold to that pattern, your follow-on spots for a campaign could feature the same couple or different couples, in the same kind of competitions, themed to the featured magazine each time, from cooking to formula 1 racing or parkour, to football to whatever.

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Aug 7, 2013 at 3:57:25 pm

Hi Mark, and thanks.
I left the timing in that sequence a little slower on purpose, so as to let the comedic essence have a bit of time to work. The customer was overly worried that it might come across as too violent, but when he saw it he cracked up laughing which is the reaction I was (am) trying to provoke. I have looked at the thing a thousand times now, and I must say I find the pace comfortable. Look at it without the audio, and see if it still works as too slow. I don't know, we all have a bit of a different taste and opinion but that's what makes life interesting. I could keep tweaking away at the thing forever, but it is already finished, signed off and shipped to the cinemas. On to the next.

Just out of curiosity, could you get that ad played during the early evening the US? Or would it be a bit too much with the dick-punch?

Thanks for the help and feedback, Mark. (again...)
mfg
Simon

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:17:07 pm

I wouldn't anticipate any flack for playing that at any time of day in the US.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:34:21 pm

I concur with Todd; the spot doesn't even really show full contact in the groinage area. It wouldn't air during children's programming, but that's not the market anyway.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:42:32 pm

You're OK. We're totally fine with violence in our US spots. It's just nudity that make the FCC go insane. You know? Cuz nudity might make us feel all funny inside and the authorities have to do their best to protect us from that just in case we can't handle it. : )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 7, 2013 at 7:50:14 pm

Mark Suszko's word of the day:

GROINAGE

Nice.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 7, 2013 at 9:02:35 pm

Actually my word of the day for a while is going to be CORNDOG or Porkchop-on-a-stick, as we're about to start the 10-day Bacchanal that is the Illinois State Fair. We will put up a raw feed to Tv stations every afternoon on a Ku band satellite, showing various sights and events. Or you can play NSA contractor and try to spot me in the field, using the many webcams we have on the fairgrounds. Cams go live Friday, look for the famous butter cow: a life-size sculpture made in butter. http://www.agr.state.il.us/isf/webcam/

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Aug 7, 2013 at 9:57:59 pm

Sounds like admission should come with a coupon for an angioplasty.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 7, 2013 at 11:34:43 pm

So who gets to eat the Butter Cow at the end of the fair? You should definitely get a still shot of the butter cow to post here - fits right in with the theme...

Now, if we could just find a Pancake Cow...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 8, 2013 at 12:36:34 am

Actually, the butter is recycled and stored in a deep freeze and used over several years, with a bit more added each year. We actually did a story one year where we calculated how many pancakes the butter cow could cover.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Aug 8, 2013 at 12:02:57 am

My wife goes to the San Diego State Fair with her brother as a long standing tradition.

They both go on a "diets be dammed" basis.

A few years back the winner of the "oh my god - should we actually try that?" sweepstakes was Deep Fried Butter on a Stick.

They said this year, the hightlight was a mere cheeseburger ... pause ... built on a bisected Krispy Kreme Doughnut rather than a bun.

; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 8, 2013 at 12:40:54 am

I know this is threadjacking, but I have to tell you, the Butterfly pork chop on a stick is the best $4 you will spend at any state fair. It is a specially cut chop with a longer rib bone segment left on the end as a "handle", so you can east this with one hand. And the best drink is an orange-lemon "shakeup", which is icewater, ice cubes and sugar, mixed with fresh squeezed lemons and oranges.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Aug 8, 2013 at 2:59:19 pm

Wisconsin State Fair this weekend here too....Have to take the kids to the Austin Mahone concert tomorrow night....he's a "Bieber Lite" act.

I think we have the chocolate dipped bacon on a stick...very tasty.

And lots of cheese interpretations.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Aug 8, 2013 at 8:19:56 am

MMMMMM...
Meat on a stick!

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Aug 8, 2013 at 7:06:14 am

Ha. Yes Bill, that is so true.
I remember when I first got to Germany, and saw an ad for margarine, that was a beautiful topless woman walking out of a lake, and getting it on with this buff man. This was in the middle of spongebob, about 3:30 in the afternoon!

Here is the spot.

mfg
Simon

Return to posts index

Scott Cumbo
on Aug 8, 2013 at 12:40:06 am

Did this spot air already? cause i could swear I've seen it before.
Maybe on ebaumsworld or break or one of those type sites.

Scott Cumbo
Lead Editor
Bellator MMA/Spike TV

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
on Aug 8, 2013 at 8:21:31 am

WHAT??? Are you accusing me of plagarism!!!?????

No, just kidding. The spot hasn't been aired yet, and it is an original idea from me. (see my thread from 2 months ago. Also, Im in Germany.
mfg
Simon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]