BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Customer Management

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sareesh Sudhakaran
Customer Management
on Aug 6, 2013 at 6:20:39 am

Hi

I'm into making corporate videos. I was looking at options and need some practical ideas and advice on Customer Relationship Management (CRM).

Basically, what I'm trying to learn is: what's the simplest way to keep in touch with prospects and existing clients? E.g., I know I can send out regular emails, but I'm looking at a more personalized approach like calling, sending cards, etc., so I'll need to keep tabs on more data per name.

Major companies use CRM (custom-made or off-the-shelf) software, but these are not cheap. I googled and found a few 'free' CRM tools, but have no clue if they're worth the time. Then, there's Microsoft Excel or Google Docs, etc.

What tools do you use? Obviously, I'm not selling credit cards so my prospective list is never going to be a 100,000, but at best a few thousand (if I'm ever so lucky). I would appreciate any tips in this regard. Thanks!

Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to Reds to the Arri Alexa.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Customer Management
on Aug 6, 2013 at 9:39:13 am

I use Outlook Business Contact Manager:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/what-is-business-contact-man...

It is quite powerful, and free, if you have MS Office.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
on Aug 6, 2013 at 1:12:28 pm

Thanks, Joseph! That looks helpful. I have MS Office.

Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to Reds to the Arri Alexa.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:30:53 pm

Sorry about that, Sareesh. Have you looked at this review of open source CRMs?

http://www.axzm.com/top-crm-systems

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:21:18 am

Thanks for the review. It's tough to select one when each description starts with "So-and-so is the best CRM...".

But I found Highrise from one of the comments, and have signed up for a free trial. They actually have a free plan as well, but it's limited to 250 contacts.

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
on Aug 6, 2013 at 1:15:13 pm

Damn, it isn't available for the Mac.

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:30:35 pm

I really loved ACT! on a PC/or emulator, but getting web access was a major issue, very costly and you needed to become an IT professional.

I have tried many mac-based on a desktop and really like and use Salesforce.com as a web-based tool. They have various subscription levels; I use the "group" version for $15/month. It will integrate with other software/apps like MailChimp. Fully web-based although I hate the Android app. Like any of them, they are only as good as the data you put in. I track everything for my clients with it - so it's practically impossible to migrate to anything else after 2 years of historical data.

Steve

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:22:25 am

Thanks, Steve. Salesforce looks good, they have a $5 plan and I've started a 7 day trial. Let's see how that goes.

I've used ACT before. My aim is to be device independent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]