BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Big winners here! We are excited!

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd TerryBig winners here! We are excited!
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:45:07 pm

I think I have posted this in years past... but for what is I believe the third or fourth year in a row our company has received notification that we are winners of the "Best of Salt Lake City" award in the "Plastics Processing" category. Wooohoo!

This is of course irrespective of the fact that we are 1,700 miles from Salt Lake City, and have absolutely nothing to do with plastics processing whatsoever.

How the hell do these fake "awards" companies stay in business? Is anyone actually so narcissistic (and dumb) that they actually buy into their scheme? It boggles the mind.

Of course, the unsubscribe link on the congratulatory email does not work. Streetview on Google Maps shows their office to be in a crappy strip mall in Pompano Beach, Florida. I know, surprising for such a prestigious organization.

Sheesh....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Big winners here! We are excited!
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:52:31 pm

Dude, if you don't buy the plaque from them, we may need to take up a collection.

Wait, set up a Kickstarter for it. I'm SO THERE.

Return to posts index

Tom SeftonRe: Big winners here! We are excited!
by on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:04:19 pm

I will happily go and collect the award. And cake. There is cake right?

Return to posts index

Bill DavisRe: Big winners here! We are excited!
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 2:33:20 am

Todd,

From this point forward, I for one, will forever consider you my go to source the arena of plastics production.

Cuz I know that only the very best any industry can offer get nominated for awards such as this.

By the way, if you have time, I'd love your thoughts on polyvinyl acetate, verses polyvinyl chloride.

I so seldom get to hear from to such a notable expert.

; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Big winners here! We are excited!
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 3:37:33 am

And I'll just bet that the award is going to be made from Solid Virgin Vinyl! Oooh...just the thought of it...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Big winners here! We are excited!
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 3:46:36 am

I'm so touched by all my friends' congrats and warm wishes here. That's why I got into plastics processing in the first place.

Thanks all!

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Big winners here! We are excited!
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 1:47:18 pm

Obligatory:

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: Big winners here! We are excited!
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 12:11:30 am

Having been born in Pittsfield, MA, the one time capital of plastics in America, I am duly impressed by this award Todd has received multiple times. Plastics are highly competitive, especially with the whole anti-phtalates movement, particularly regarding baby bottles and water containers.

Todd - given that your company specializes in plastic, I wonder what brings you to Creative COW? Are you looking for a vendor to help with some videos?

Keep up the great work.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 2, 2013 at 9:12:18 pm

Just because this thread is so important to so many of us who value Todds insight into the whole plastics universe, I'm compelled to ask if that thing you appear to have welded to your face in your tantilizing avatar photo might be some exciting new future plastics game changing product?

My guess is some form of long lusted for transparent aluminum/plastic hybrid housed in a neo-bakellite faux-polymer touch sensitive cylindrical geodesic structure?

Is this something you can discuss?

Or are you under such an iron-clad non-disclosure agreement that you can't even understand it yourself?

; )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Big winners here! We are excited!
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 3:23:23 pm

Good call, Bill. The uninitiated might think that's simply a Fries director's viewfinder.

But... your guess of a "transparent aluminum/plastic hybrid housed in a neo-bakellite faux-polymer touch sensitive cylindrical geodesic structure" is right on the money.

How did you ever figure that out? Shame on me for allowing such proprietary and classified hardware to be photographed.

And now we have to "make you go away" (this might be a good time to call the loved ones).

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

by on Aug 7, 2013 at 6:45:18 pm

I KNEW it!

(packing my bags, desperately.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]