BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Contacting Production Companies

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Anderson
Contacting Production Companies
on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:06:48 pm

So client work has been slowing up a little bit, and I was thinking of contacting other production companies for more work. What is the best way of contacting them? Should I just show up with a resume and a demo reel at their office, send an email asking if they have work? Or just randomly send an email with resume and demo reel link?

Can I say my day rate is the same as the one I charge clients? Cause if they send me work, they technically did the work to find it and are inclined to make some profit off me so it benefits them as well?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Contacting Production Companies
on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:58:33 pm

contact them any way, and every way that you can. Email them, US mail them, and call them. Most will reject you, and never answer you. One or two will. Persue them. There is no shame in what you are doing - it's the right thing to do. Just don't steal the client, or your name will go to mud.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 3, 2013 at 7:03:00 pm

We get so many e-mails from people looking for work I don't think anyone at my office even looks at them. People who come into our building and say hi face to face are the people we typically turn to when we need freelance help.

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 3, 2013 at 7:27:41 pm

[Stephen Smith] " People who come into our building and say hi face to face are the people we typically turn to when we need freelance help."

As long as you schedule an appointment first. Just showing up unannounced will not get you anywhere with us.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]