BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Demo Reel Presentation on an iPOD

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amos PryncDemo Reel Presentation on an iPOD
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:12:40 pm

Hi there!
I'd like to send an iPOD as a gift to a potential client.
I want the iPOD to have my Demo Reel Movie on it, so when he turns it on it will trigger the movie automatically.
How do I do that?
Thanks in advance!

Amos Prync |::|

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Demo Reel Presentation on an iPOD
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:51:10 pm

Assuming you know how to encode your demo and load it into itunes, if the ipod has no other music or movies on it, it should be the first thing to come up when itunes is invoked, or turned on after you cued this up and turned off... but you're asking to program an executable autorun on an ipod. I suppose if every button on the front of the screen went to playing that file back, just touching it could work. Maybe.

I'd look around the app store for a customization app that could set this up.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Demo Reel Presentation on an iPOD
by on Jun 28, 2013 at 5:20:37 pm

That sounds like some sort of app would be needed. Maybe this one, the app lacks details and makes it unclear if it can do it. I found an article with more details:
Not sure if this can do it or not.

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Sam CornelisRe: Demo Reel Presentation on an iPOD
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 2:31:34 pm

The easy way would be: put your video on it. Start playing and pause at the first frame. Shut it off. Next time your customer opens he or she will see the video, no autoplay, but you could add a frame in the first sec of your video that welcomes your customer (personalized) and invites him to hit the play button. I dont have an ipod, but thats how I would do it on an ipad. You dont want to add some apps on an ipod that he is never going to use again.

- I have read the entire internet, and I am feeling a little bit bored, so I started to reply to interesting forum topics.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved