BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

the direction of the business

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelinthe direction of the business
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 6:59:41 pm

lifted from a recent post on a Cow forum (name of manufacturer blocked out) -

"We talked to XXXXXXX support several times about this issue, but they could not identify the problem without a paid support intervention. Since they could not really identify what the problem was, we chose pursue a work around"

I know this manufacturer well. They are a great company, and will not bill their customer if they don't resolve their problem. Neither will any professional manufacturer. But the end client would rather leave it broken than to pay a nominal fee for support, after their product is long out of warrantee. This product costs about $10,000. I don't know how old it is, but based on the post, I assume that it is out of warrantee. So, what is the problem with this client? (or is it me ?).

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: the direction of the business
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 9:09:30 pm

Well, it could be that the outfit doesn't have a specific billing mechanism to deal with the repair/consult fee. I have run into such a thing over and over in my career, where there is no direct line in the Accounting system from "A" to "B, to pay someone to get "C" done, ASAP.

They'll tell you you are S.O.L., Q.E.D.

All you can say is W.T.F. And try to solve it yourself or with whatever you can scrounge.

I have a $10k camera shooting a studio countdown clock, to feed the live clock running time into my studio prompters because I can't get a $400 repeater for the studio clock system to put in the studio for cuing talent. And this kind of thing is often why.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved