BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim WilsonApologies
by on Apr 19, 2013 at 5:21:10 am

Hey kids,

You know I'm very, very cautious about interfering with the flow of traffic. I'm okay having things get a little bit out of hand now and again and try to rein it in, rather than step on a discussion before it has a chance to sort itself out.

One guy here got so far out of hand on some Adobe rants that turned into personal attacks that I felt a need to take firmer steps. Along the way, I had to delete some very good posts that OTHER people made. I hate when that happens...but this time, it really had to.

You may see this in a couple of other forums here at the COW as I clean up after this clown. The rest of you are grown-ups and know how to play full-contact without anyone getting seriously hurt, and I apologize again for deleting any posts of yours. It had nothing to do with any of you, or anything you said. I invite you to fire the subject back up and say whatever you want to. Just a little gentle maintenance to guard our signal to noise ratio.

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Apologies
by on Apr 19, 2013 at 1:40:36 pm

Thanks Tim -

I had noticed it getting a bit noisy on several of the forums - while differing opinions are welcome - I hope that personal attacks remain in the realm of other sites. One doesn't have to attack to get one's point across...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Mark RaudonisRe: Apologies
by on Apr 24, 2013 at 3:09:26 am

Hi Tim,

Did I ever tell you I DON'T want your job! It's gotta be tough walking that fine line between benevolent dictator and a tyrant! I can honestly say that most good people appreciate your efforts to keep the discussion on point and relevant.

Thanks for cleaning up the pasture. Yep... there's an occasional cow pie you've gotta step around!

Return to posts index

Patrick OrtmanRe: Apologies
by on May 1, 2013 at 2:49:22 pm

Yeah, I'd say out of all the forums I frequent the Cow is by far the best- and you are part of why. Thanks!

I shoot people.

Return to posts index

Robert CeleciaRe: Apologies
by on May 1, 2013 at 3:24:58 pm

ditto that my friend.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved