BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Did a Kickstarter video as a favor, they want to keep using it, but aren't willing to pay.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul GarbettDid a Kickstarter video as a favor, they want to keep using it, but aren't willing to pay.
by on Apr 17, 2013 at 2:49:01 am

I'm fully aware that this situation is a mess and I have handled it poorly. Just looking for some advice. I have a friend who was part of a startup that wanted to launch a kickstarter campaign. He asked me to help with the video (which I did)I told him that I'd do the video and if they meet their goal then they can pay me. This was all done verbally, no contracts or anything.

Well, they did not achieve their goal on kickstarted, but they have the video up on their youtube channel. My friend is no longer with the company so I've lost that connection. After discussions with their CEO they are not interested in paying me and are not willing to take the video down (which I have already requested verbally). Any suggestions on what I should do. I'm planning on sending them a letter tomorrow. Beyond, that what are my options. Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo JørgensenRe: Did a Kickstarter video as a favor, they want to keep using it, but aren't willing to pay.
by on Apr 17, 2013 at 8:25:08 am

Hey Paul,

Do you want them to remove the video?

If so, send them a registered letter requesting them to do so.
You could soften the language and open up negotiations with them for continuing to use the video.

If that fails, ask Youtube to take it down based on copyright violation. This will be your point of no return.

Don't forget to name and shame them.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

Tom SeftonRe: Did a Kickstarter video as a favor, they want to keep using it, but aren't willing to pay.
by on Apr 17, 2013 at 12:25:05 pm

What he said.

Or send a large bill, then break out the nunchuks.

Return to posts index

Robert BurnsRe: Did a Kickstarter video as a favor, they want to keep using it, but aren't willing to pay.
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 3:54:41 pm

Try this. Film a new kickstarter campaign that you didn't get paid for doing a kickstarter campaign, so you need fund to investigate the company that didn't pay you. Could be an interesting short, very funny. I'd change all the names. Do an interview with a lawyer in it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]