BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Taking Care Of Yourself

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan AsselinTaking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:59:05 pm

Just thought I'd let my friends know at this forum, that after many months of searching, I have finally found eyedrops which work that don't sting when i put them in. Brand new (I think) Visine Multi-Symptom makes really long editing sessions much more bearable. Now this might annoy you that I put this here or you might consider it the bit tip you get from this forum this year.

Either way have a great weekend..........Dan

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 24, 2013 at 9:54:32 pm

[Dan Asselin] "Now this might annoy you that I put this here... "

Nobody who's been coming to this forum for any length of time will be annoyed. We've talked about chairs, dieting, exercise, mice -- I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

David EaksRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 24, 2013 at 11:11:50 pm

On the completely opposite end of the eye drop spectrum is Rhoto V Ice. They sting like hell (Menthol). After the first time I was given them to try, I figured they came from a gag store but no, it's a real product.

Not recommended if you want eye drops that don't sting.

Return to posts index

Sareesh SudhakaranRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 10:01:37 am

Thanks for the tip! I use Systane.

Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to Reds to the Arri Alexa.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 2:29:16 pm

Sometimes the repeating need for eyedrops points to an eyeglasses prescription that needs an update.

Might also be time to re-evaluate lighting and contrast levels on screen and in the room itself.

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 8:18:49 pm

[Dan Asselin] "Visine Multi-Symptom makes really long editing sessions much more bearable."

You do know it's OK to blink while editing, right? ;)

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Bill DavisRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 10:14:13 pm

[Jason Jenkins] "You do know it's OK to blink while editing, right? ;)"

Actually, if you don't blink - you can't really know where to edit.

At least according Mr. Murchs famous theory.

So there would be some question as to whether the use of eyedrops might change your editing tempo since it retards the need to blink.

Enquiring minds want to know. Or not.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Dan AsselinRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:12:43 pm

Besides begging the question of whether any of us can match Mr. Murch's precision I think it also makes me think of the producer who wants you to edit out half-a-frame.......or not.

Return to posts index

Dan AsselinRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:08:00 pm

Yes I do know that it's ok to blink....just as I know it's inevitable to shed a few tears viewing intensely awful footage....which is also good for eye health!;)

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Taking Care Of Yourself
by on Feb 27, 2013 at 12:21:43 am

"Visine Multi-Symptom makes really long editing sessions much more bearable."

I think a Mai-Tai has it beat, but, does it mix well with rum?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]