BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Large Scale Production - Need Advice

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon ApplebyLarge Scale Production - Need Advice
by on Dec 15, 2012 at 6:18:42 am

Hello all,
I'm Shannon. I've been doing video production and Television production for about 18 yrs now (Small Scale, regional Iowa) I've produced, directed or edited about 150 broadcast programs and thousands of over video productions.
I've been asked to step up a little now and create 6 2 hour broadcasts next year of a new form of sporting event. This is more than I've ever done before. 15 camera operators and about 20 GoPro's for a single day event with around 3,000 competitors. I'll be following that of at least 3 competitors that we'll film a few days in advance then through the event.
I need to know what forum to look into to get advice on what key people I'll need. Everything from the director, grips, media wrangling, how to log the media properly or at least some workflow solutions, equipment guidance etc. If this is the place to be, then great, if not, can anyone please guide me to some resources. It's a huge undertaking and I don't want to fall flat on my face, I'd like to have some ammunition or tools on my belt to start.
Thank you for your support and maybe you'll even be on the team.

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Large Scale Production - Need Advice
by on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:09:15 pm

That's a ton of very specialized info, skills, and ability to glean... I doubt there's a single forum to point you to to answer all that.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably effort to hire a really good production manager who has done that sort of thing before (someone who not only already has the knowlege, but contacts with all the right people you'll need) and turn over all those nuts-n-bolts part of it to them. It would save you a huge headache. And you'd still have more than plenty to do.

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved