BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Any ideas on how this is done?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Any ideas on how this is done?
on Oct 19, 2012 at 3:42:44 pm

I have a request to create something similar to this, but have no idea how to create this iPhone that displays all of the pages. How is this done? Any thoughts? Is this After Effects? Motion? Did they shoot an iPhone as scan through the pages? Thanks so much. Here's the link.

Return to posts index

Glen Montgomery
Re: Any ideas on how this is done?
on Oct 19, 2012 at 4:31:16 pm

Definitely after effects. They took all the pages of the app that were designed in illustrator/photoshop and precomped them in after effects into the screen of the iphone model. From there is it a mixture of cuts and other iphone-like animations to transition from page to page mimicking how the app they are selling will work.

Editor / Motion Graphics Artist, Denver CO
http://coldpost.tv/

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Oct 19, 2012 at 5:16:50 pm

I couldn't say for sure and precisely how they did it (there are several different work flows you could use), but I can tell you how I would do it... which is no doubt similar.

Firstly, I'd produce all the screen content. I'd probably take screen shots of the real display, then recreate them in Photoshop, and then produce a video with all the screen action... I'd probably do all that work in CS6, Premiere and After Effects.

Then I'd build a 3D model of the phone that could be animated with the flips and movements it makes... probably build it in Cinema 4D.

Then I'd map the previously-produced insert video onto the phone's screen.

None of that would be too hard... but timing everything is where pre-production and careful planning would really be needed.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Oct 19, 2012 at 6:37:32 pm

Thanks Glen and Todd. That's exactly what I was looking for. Have a great weekend.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 19, 2012 at 8:13:42 pm

You can probably find the phone model on turbosquid.com already. AfterEffects can now import and handle 3-d content. Corner pin and motion track Todd's content to the model in AE and you are done.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Oct 19, 2012 at 8:59:38 pm

Video Copilot's Element 3D plugin would make short(er) work of this. And they have a free iPhone model.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Sam Cornelis
on Oct 21, 2012 at 7:03:44 am

As mentioned before: there 3D iPhone models available. And for the screenrecording, you can animatie this, but you can also try an app like Reflectionapp.com This allows you to mirror your iphone on your screen. (actually a great tool for presentations, to show your ipad or iphone with a beamer). Make a screenrecording of the iphone screens presented on your computer. Drop it via AE in the 3D model. I never tried this, but I think it might work, and would be pretty fast to create it.

- I have read the entire internet, and I am feeling a little bit bored, so I started to reply to interesting forum topics.

Return to posts index

Sam Cornelis
on Oct 21, 2012 at 8:38:13 am

By the way, here you have an AE template for an iPhone:
http://bluefx.net/after-effects-templates/my-iphone-catalog/

Sam

- I have read the entire internet, and I am feeling a little bit bored, so I started to reply to interesting forum topics.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 12, 2012 at 4:20:57 pm

Take a look at this: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/screen_animations/

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved