BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

I don't know how to say this in english!!!

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pablo GonzálezI don't know how to say this in english!!!
by on Aug 2, 2012 at 9:56:38 pm

Hello,

I am a Spanish-Speaking commercial director and I would like to know how is it called in the English-Speaking Advertisement industry the shot were you see the models eat or drink the product (or put the cream on or whatever). In spanish we call it "el consumo" (because it is when the model "consumes" the product) and it is often a part of the commercials, it is for us a specific term like the "pack shot" ( when you see the package, generally at the end) or a "performance shot" (in a car commercial... where you see it perform). Do you have such a name in english?

Thanks, Pablo

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: I don't know how to say this in english!!!
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:01:21 am

Maybe the "hero shot".

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: I don't know how to say this in english!!!
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:09:29 am

money shot?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: I don't know how to say this in english!!!
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 12:37:25 am

NO NO NO! You're not helping! :-)

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: I don't know how to say this in english!!!
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 4:45:44 pm

"Ok, let's get a shot of them eating/drinking"

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Bill DavisRe: I don't know how to say this in english!!!
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 7:54:38 pm

I usually call them "take-a-bite" or "take-a-sip" scenes in informal on-set conversations. As in "OK folks, next is the "take a sip" shot - lets strike and re-light."

But I don't know of an actual industry term for it used commonly in the US.

"Hero shot" really only applies if there isn't something else (like the product shot or the big celebrity endorsement smile that's more critical.

And I'll second Marks warning. The use of "money shot" has totally gone down the same path as using the term "gay" when you mean happy. Boat sailed.

Don't you just love language? It's such a squiggly and ever-evolving monster. Thankfully.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]