BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Sending demo reels to production companies

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve siegel
Sending demo reels to production companies
on Jul 21, 2012 at 12:13:35 am

I have a huge library of high quality, but very specialized footage. Although I have a presence in a stock footage site, I thought it would be a good idea to send a demo reel to some production companies. They all probably have a need for my subject material once in a while.

This Forum has made it clear that sending demo reels seeking employment without a phone call first is a waste of time and money. Is it the general opinion that the same would apply to a reel offering a service?

Finally, is there an online site listing production companies and staff (like the artistic director or DP) by name?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Sending demo reels to production companies
on Jul 23, 2012 at 6:59:23 pm

I think a more practical method than shipping out DVDs at this point is using targeted e-mail brochures for your stock footage, with built-in links to a viewing site and an FTP download link.

Return to posts index

Daniel Stone
Re: Sending demo reels to production companies
on Aug 19, 2012 at 8:21:40 pm

[Mark Suszko] "I think a more practical method than shipping out DVDs at this point is using targeted e-mail brochures for your stock footage, with built-in links to a viewing site and an FTP download link."

I agree.

Crazy as it sounds, the thought of opening a DVD, placing it into a DVD player (or even into my laptop) and sifting through what's on there makes me cringe. Even if I were in desperate need of stock footage.

Your best bets are 1. put it online and 2. create a relationship with the producer through email so he/she can ask you for specific pieces of footage without having to search.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]