BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Current Video Production Rates

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike AlexanderCurrent Video Production Rates
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 3:55:48 pm

Does anyone have a link for current video production rates 2012 (camera op, editor, audio tech, etc.)

Return to posts index

Scott SheriffRe: Current Video Production Rates
by on Jul 18, 2012 at 4:46:31 pm

No simple answer there...
Rates are not universal. They are market, equipment, experience and job related to say the least. Not counting union gigs.
There are a few work and employment web sites that list average and hi/low salaries by vocation. In these you may find common salaried jobs like editors, ENG camera and producers listed, but you won't find jobs like grip, A2, etc that are mostly freelance. The most current of these will be 2011, and some don't list what time period the salaries quoted are based on. You can also check sites that post media jobs like Cows, Mandy, etc and see whats offered.

Scott Sheriff

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Current Video Production Rates
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 2:29:45 am

We all make minimum wage. Oh, sure, it doesn't seem like that at first. "Wow, I get $500 a day?" Then they work you for 20 hours. Or "Wow, I get $3000 for this project?" Then that project stretches on for a month.

Diminishing returns...

Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved