BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Creating a proposal for editing for first time

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin Rakestraw
Creating a proposal for editing for first time
on Jul 9, 2012 at 6:52:21 pm

Hi,

I have a potential job for a corporate promo reel that has asked me to send in my proposal. They listed what they would provide and what they are looking for, but having never actually put together a proposal I don't know where to start. Can anyone tell me how to write one up, what needs to be included, layout, format, or possibly send me a link to a sample? I am only editing and the footage has already been shot.

Thanks,

Erin

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Creating a proposal for editing for first time
on Jul 10, 2012 at 6:40:38 pm

Erin,

Just write down a description of the video. Include the following:

Approximate Length
What you'll provide them
What will be included in the edit (Voice narration, music cuts, animations, graphic titles)
Number of revisions that you'll do for free.
Format of the final version
The total cost.

Then make sure you specify that the final video will be delivered once you receive full payment of all balances due.

Make sure you attach an agreement to the proposal and have them sign it and initial each page of your proposal.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jul 10, 2012 at 9:01:11 pm

Good answer, Greg. What I would add is that this can be written in the form of a letter and then referred to as your "standard" "Letter of Agreement."

I would also include language to the effect that once you've provided X number of revisions within the price you've set, additional revisions will be billed at Y per hour. For what it's worth I consider X to be ONE revision but usually give away minor changes as long as they are minor and reasonable.

Return to posts index

Afsheen Aziz
on Jul 18, 2012 at 8:57:16 pm

thanx for the information..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]