BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Where is the best place to buy Event Videography Insurance?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bigornia
Where is the best place to buy Event Videography Insurance?
on May 17, 2012 at 6:58:36 pm

In need of one pretty quick and want to get other peoples ideas on the best bang for the buck insurance. Thank you

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
Re: Where is the best place to buy Event Videography Insurance?
on May 17, 2012 at 11:06:12 pm

I suppose that depends on what type of "event videography" policy you're looking for. Do you need a liability policy (covers you in case someone trips over one of your cables at an event and things like that), an inland marine policy (I have no idea why it's called that) which covers theft of your equipment while on a shoot, or errors-and-omissions insurance (you put the wedding down on the wrong date on your calendar and didn't show up type of stuff). The first two are pretty common and most insurers such as State Farm can cover you. Errors and Omissions is more specialized. WEVA (Wedding and Event Videographers Association) has someone they recommend (I think the name is Buell or something like that), but they can be a little difficult to contact sometimes.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Joe Bigornia
on May 18, 2012 at 12:21:06 am

Thank you for the response.I would need General Liability of at least $1,000,000 . I have contacted a couple. So far the best price is prophotographersinsurance.com or AKA RV Nuccia and associates. I am still on the hunt but $235 a year and cover all 3 of my videographers sounds too good to be true.

Return to posts index

Taylor Davidson
on May 25, 2012 at 6:49:47 pm
Last Edited By Taylor Davidson on Jan 18, 2017 at 9:56:55 pm

Hi Joe,

I'm the Taylor Davidson, Jonathan referenced.

You're not off base thinking that premium is low. It doesn't mean it's not the right coverage but it certainly indicates that you would want to do some serious double checking directly with the carrier before assuming everything you want to do would be covered by their insurance policy.

A number of the industry associations have EXCELLENT programs put together for the members, particularly in terms of keeping the premiums down. But the trade off is normally some serious restrictions on the type/quantity of work that will be covered under their policy.

Call or email me if you'd like to go over it in more detail (855-624-2787 or taylor@neilbenton.com).

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on May 18, 2012 at 4:21:10 pm

I have used this guy:

Taylor Davidson
Insurance
The Ruboyianes Company, PLLC
(520) 577-1040

Based in Tucson but he handles insurance all over the place. He can definitely point you in the right direction if he can't help you. We used him for production insurance for a 20 day shoot with similar policy limits.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]