BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Videographer Contracts In A Book or for Download?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephanie StiavettiVideographer Contracts In A Book or for Download?
by on May 5, 2012 at 12:08:17 am

I'm looking for contracts that I can download and use for my business. I usually go to Nolo press for contracts, etc, but I can't seem to find any templates on their site for model releases, location releases, etc. I'm willing to pay if the contracts are solid and vetted by the community.

So, is there a recent book I can buy or a website I can visit that will provide releases and other legal paperwork to protect me in my various creative projects?

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Videographer Contracts In A Book or for Download?
by on May 6, 2012 at 9:28:06 pm

I have Pre-Produciont Planning for Video, Film and Multimedia authored by Steve Cartwright....invaluable.

The one I have came with a floppy disc with documents on it....not sure that is useful anymore! Maybe a new edition has a CD or links.

Amazon Link:

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage

Return to posts index

Malcolm MatuskyRe: Videographer Contracts In A Book or for Download?
by on May 7, 2012 at 6:36:11 pm

I have this book and CD, I just change the wording from "photograhper" to producer and add anything else that I need to specify in a contract.

Return to posts index

Dean LongfieldRe: Videographer Contracts In A Book or for Download?
by on May 10, 2012 at 10:05:48 pm

Hi Stephanie,

I'm an independent filmmaker who writes his own contracts because lawyers are so expensive. Nolo is a good resource but for film and television projects use the Mark Liwtak books:

See "Contracts for the Film and Television Industry." by Mark Litwak.
I often use the sample contracts in that book as a template of sorts and then fill in what's appropriate to my situation and take out what's not. There are volunteer lawyer organizations that you can belong to as an individual artist, (or small production company), such as Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts in NYC and California Lawyers for the Arts in CA. I bring contracts that I have written, (using the Litwak book as a guide) ,to the
VLA in NYC and they usually tell me that I did a pretty good job and then just suggest a word change or give a pointer on what to look out for etc.

Best of luck to you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved