BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

LA County 571-L

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurent PhillipeLA County 571-L
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 9:44:15 pm

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone encountered the 571-L unsecured business property tax in LA County, California? It is the most asinine anti-business tax we've ever seen. You're required to itemize every single purchase ever made and pay a 1.2% tax on it - every year. We're talking paper, printers, pens, desks, etc. Original purchase date and price must be included. It would be better if we were robbed because at least we wouldn't have to spend weeks on it.

Don't believe me? Watch this nightmare prepared by the San Fran County Assessor. This man actually tells you what to do with a straight face. Awful, awful, awful. We've been losing sleep regarding this for weeks.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: LA County 571-L
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:49:49 pm

He got his hand gestures ( I mean, "gesture"), from the Trump school of screen gesturing.

Return to posts index

Laurent PhillipeRe: LA County 571-L
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:37:13 pm

We want to pay our fair share of taxes. This one just doesn't seem very friendly to Mom and Pop businesses that can't afford an in-house accountant.

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: LA County 571-L
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 8:25:51 pm

Makes me glad I'm not in California... unless it's to make them a better video (which they sorely need).

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

Steve KownackiRe: LA County 571-L
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 11:34:28 am

Gee, I wonder why the comments is disabled on the video. Can't offer any advice other than gov doesn't really seem to be for small biz at times so a good CPA and software like Quick ooks is a musr.

Return to posts index

John BaumchenRe: LA County 571-L
by on May 14, 2012 at 4:23:01 pm

WOW, paying tax on top of tax, on top of expenses? No wonder people are ditching CA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved