BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Vimeo for sale?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve KownackiVimeo for sale?
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:22:16 am

The comments at the end are more entertaining. Posted this not so much as many of us are Vimeo users, but how a little press can sway people to jump ship. You really have to watch what you say, what your contractors or employees say because of ramifications down the line. Brand protection is critical.

Return to posts index

Jeff BreuerRe: Vimeo for sale?
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 4:57:55 pm

Vimeo may be having some internal problems, but I'm still rooting for them. We use them to display online, branded videos and they have a fantastic system for client approvals in their pro accounts. They are doing a good job of differentiating themselves from Youtube, and pending them keeping their focus and act together, they could have a good business going. If they can't seem keep the focus and everyone inside playing as a team, perhaps selling off a portion of their company that can provide that is what would be best for Vimeo. And for all of us who use it.

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: Vimeo for sale?
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 7:57:18 pm

Very interesting... and you're right about the comments, Steve...

Could Jake Lodwick come across like even more of a complete tool? I think not.

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Vimeo for sale?
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 10:25:34 pm

WOW! It's like watching his career explode in slow motion.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Vimeo for sale?
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 4:19:26 pm

It's the Ocean Marketing Guy vs. Penny Arcade thing all over again:-)

Return to posts index

Al BergsteinRe: Vimeo for sale?
by on Feb 13, 2012 at 4:43:26 am

I read this in a positive light. If Vimeo has managed to get to where it is under Barry Diller, Then how much farther could it go with some independence. I think that I have paid to be PRO because I recognize that there is nothing else out there that matches the features I get for Vimeo. For still photogs it's smugmug, but for those of us who want to produce inexpensive high quality, it's Vimeo.

Let's hope this is all for the best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved