BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Ideas to put to a web developer

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly LawerIdeas to put to a web developer
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:48:32 am

I'm meeting with a web developer next Tuesday and i'd appreciate any ideas people have on 'packages' that would be very beneficial to his customers.

Like 'Vlogs' for example. Seems like it could be a good proposition to his customers as an introduction to video and ongoing revenue and something he can sell with every website. Cost could be an issue with this one, maybe run it as an introductory offer...

Any other ideas welcome. Usually I don't offer 'packages' as such, just price it on customers needs, which I will still do, but my creating 'packages' for him to sell, I think he will be able to promote my services more don't you think?

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Ideas to put to a web developer
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:32:53 pm

This sounds like a solution searching for a problem. I prefer to look at each case as a unique one, where you analyze the need and only then craft and suggest an answer to the specific communication problem, tailored to fit.

Sometimes the answer you give the client should be: "video is not the best solution to this problem, x is instead, and x is a person who does that really well, tell them I sent you". While this sounds like throwing business away, I've never found it to be the case, the times I gutted it out and told the client the honest truth. They tend to respect you more for your honesty and advocacy for their best interests, which you just proved, by not ripping them off, and they tend to trust and remember you when the next opportunity for an actual video comes around again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved