BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Video Production Company Business Plan + Tips, Guidance and Ideas

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Video Production Company Business Plan + Tips, Guidance and Ideas
on Oct 22, 2011 at 4:48:37 pm

Hi,

I wondered if anyone would mind sharing their business plan with me?

I'm new to running my Video Production Company full time and could do with some guidance from the more experienced of you out there.

Or at the very least some pointers to consider when putting together my plan.

I'm based on the UK btw.

Kind regards,

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Video Production Company Business Plan + Tips, Guidance and Ideas
on Oct 22, 2011 at 7:59:50 pm

All I'm willing to say on a public site is google "business plan" - various places offer templates, which will give you an idea of what banks, etc, want to see in them.

The other thing I'd say is don't spend too much of your time sweating over the details (unless you're using it to apply for serious funding, of course) but use it to focus your mind on what your business is really about.

Return to posts index

Mark Bolyn
on Oct 24, 2011 at 2:08:31 pm

Business plans are being used less and less frequently these days, so you may want to ask yourself how necessary you feel one is. If you're requesting financing and you've been asked for one, that's a scenario where you will need a business plan. But otherwise, what's the specific need you have for a BP?

Return to posts index

Roy Schneider
on Oct 25, 2011 at 12:52:01 pm

I feel like a business plan (more importantly a marketing plan) is a very good idea). Anytime time you spend writing down the mission of your business and mapping out how you are going to get there, it is not a bad thing. It can be quite simple, but very valuable to guiding your future decisions.

Simply decide what and where you want your business to be. Then map out a logical plan to get there. As you go down that journey the real questions will come. Use and free template you can find, research a little. Find Companies that are successful and try to see what they are doing. Each of us is different and have different approaches to business. Our individual plan will not work for you, because your skills and business will be different.

Good luck on your journey.
Roy

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Oct 30, 2011 at 10:30:31 pm

Olly - first rule of business - be specific.

Your original post is quite vague.

You have not even told us what your business is. Do you bake cakes? Fix wobbly chairs? Repair shoes? Shoot video? What kind of video?
Any other services?
How do you set prices? Do you plan on marketing or just waiting for people to knock on your door?

Lots of questions go into a business plan but the basic one is - what do you do and how are you going to make money doing it?

Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]