BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Another Travel Rate question

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg BallAnother Travel Rate question
by on Oct 20, 2011 at 3:08:19 pm

I realize that this question has been addressed different ways, but I'm wondering how to go about giving a client a budget for international travel fees. If you were traveling from the US East Coast to Singapore or Sweden, how would you charge for travel days. I believe it's 25 hours to Singapore.

Also do you charge your clients more as a director internationally? I'd be using local crews in those areas.
What about per diems? Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Max KaiserRe: Another Travel Rate question
by on Oct 30, 2011 at 6:05:42 pm

This is a good question, and I too am interested in what going rates are for per diem's, etc...

We charge $125/day for per diem when away shooting per person, and $175 on travel days. When we've gone to far off places like Bangladesh, we only charged them for 2 travel days for the 30 hr flight I think.

This money is given directly to our crew as cash(minus our 15%) for all of their food, coffee's, etc. and they are allowed to keep anything they don't spend so it's really up them how large they want to live...

Max Kaiser
Hand Crank Films

Various Intel
OS 10.5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved