BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

I have a BEEF with VIMEO

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad GravesI have a BEEF with VIMEO
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 5:37:43 pm

Hello there,

I am a Vimeo Plus user and was planning to upgrade to Vimeo Pro. They had an introductory price offer for $139.99. They didn't say that it was for a limited time, so yesterday, I was planning to upgrade and they didn't have that price. It went to $199. So I emailed Vimeo pleaded my case, telling that I didn't see anything that it was for a Limited Time. So we have gone back and forth 3 or 4 times and this was there answer:

Hello,
We believe that Vimeo PRO is already an incredible value for what we provide when compared to other commercial video hosting services. The discount for Plus users converting to PRO was for a limited time only, and was publicized with the announcement of Vimeo PRO across all our social media channels -

Sincerely,
Tommy Penner
Follow Vimeo:

Facebook - http://facebook.com/vimeo??
? Twitter - http://twitter.com/vimeo
Tumblr - http://vimeo.tumblr.com
---------------------------------------

I have my own business, I have to work with my clients and if they have an issue, I will be more than willing to help them out.

I can tell you my own humble opinion of how I feel, but I would rather hear from you guys, what you think and if you have any suggestions.

Obtw, when I emailed Vimeo, I gave them Honey and not Vinegar, because spreading Vinegar is not productive, unless you have to as a last chance.

Thank you for your time and words! Have a Great Day!

Return to posts index

Todd TerryRe: I have a BEEF with VIMEO
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 8:43:15 pm

[Chad Graves] " I would rather hear from you guys, what you think and if you have any suggestions."

I think if you spend any more effort on this, you're wasting time over 60 bucks that you're not going to see anyway.

Just like yours, Vimeo is a business and can charge what they want to charge, can offer discounts when they want to, and can not offer them when they choose.

Since you said you've already gone "back and forth" with them three or four times, I'm guessing you're not going to get anywhere with that. Chances are you are just speaking with some customer service rep who has no interest, inclination (or maybe even the authority) to offer you a special deal. And getting high enough up that management tree to find someone who is willing is very likely more trouble than it is worth. Probably a lot more.

You can think about it this way, have much time have you already spent phoning, emailing, or just fuming over missing their deadline? Probably a lot more than $60 worth, if you were working for a paying client and billing that time.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: I have a BEEF with VIMEO
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 9:22:36 pm

I've been watching the Vimeo Pro thing for a while now, and while I do like their implementation on some levels, Vimeo is not always swift on iPads and IOS devices. Considering that you can upload a ton to YouTube and have all your work labeled as 'unlisted' for easy embedding in your own site via iframe, I just don't know what Vimeo buys you. No Vimeo watermark?

Vimeo lost me on the 'pro' service when they put a bandwidth limit on it.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Jason JenkinsRe: I have a BEEF with VIMEO
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:14:04 pm

Why don't you just use the COW's video streaming? It's free and it streams better than Vimeo any day of the week.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: I have a BEEF with VIMEO
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 1:15:24 am

[Jason Jenkins] "Why don't you just use the COW's video streaming? It's free and it streams better than Vimeo any day of the week."

We agree. :-)

The COW's video streams are well-optimized for iDevices, and of course have embed codes and all that good stuff. Your videos are also tied to your Creative COW Services listing -- you ARE using the COW's free services directory, right?

Everyone we've spoken to who has tried other hosting services has preferred the COW's speed and quality, although, if you have a different opinion, please drop us a line in the Letters to the COW Forum. We're also building out some of the supporting features, which you'll see rolling out in the very near future. If you'd like to be part of the fun, by all means drop by the Letters to the COW Forum and let us know what you'd like to see.

Did you see the part where I said the the Letters to the COW Forum? Please let us know in the the Letters to the COW Forum.

See you in the Letters to the COW Forum!

Tim
COW

Return to posts index

Craig SeemanRe: I have a BEEF with VIMEO
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:08:10 pm

Ah the Letters to the Cow Forum
The one that throws the 404 error for every link you've posted in your response.
http://www.creativecow.net/404.html

Do you meant this?
http://forums.creativecow.net/cowcowmunications

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]