BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Another "Super" benefit of working in production

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick GriffinAnother "Super" benefit of working in production
by on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:23:05 pm

Monday morning, 9/12 -- the day after the 10th anniversary of 9/11 -- I woke up bleary eyed in my hotel room in Chicago. I looked out my window to see about a hundred people looking up at the sky in horror and running away in obvious panic. Thankfully it didn't take too long for me to see the guy with the big, fuzzy boom mic and then figure out that the scared people seemed to be running around and past two guys standing still, one with something large on his shoulder. (I was on the 22nd floor so it was hard to see that it was a camera.)

Then just almost as fast as the crowd had started running, they stopped and returned to where they had started. And they did it again, and again, and again, and again and so on. From 200+ feet in the air I was watching the new Superman movie being shot.

I have to wonder what my fellow hotel guests (who might not know what a boom man, a cameraman and his assistant look like) were thinking seeing this all take place the morning of 9/12. Guess that's why they had the common sense to shoot this on Monday, 9/12 and not the day before.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved