BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

SEO for website

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve MartinSEO for website
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 7:18:31 pm

Good afternoon my bovine friends!

Like many small businesses, our website has become one of our best marketing tools. It tells our story, shows our work and give prospects a way to contact us. Overall it does pretty well for us. But we're always looking to improve. Also, while I'm looking to gain insight from friends on this forum, I'm also hoping to start a good discussion about what works (and what doesn't) so that we can all benefit.

Which brings me to SEO. I believe that we're doing the basics right: Our website, , has good content (I understand that "good" is subjective), Meta tags that match page text content, title pages, XML and HTML site maps, proper names for images/video files and submission to Google and other search engines.

In looking at the next step, we're looking into establishing more in-bound links and adding social media (i.e facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn to the mix.

For the in-bound links, we're looking into both industry specific directories (Production Hub, and others) as well as non-industry links like generic business directories. However, we're not currently planning anything like "auto submit to 900 directories" which feels like spam to me. Any thoughts & suggestions on directory listings? Strategies? Dos and Don'ts?

As for social media, we've established a YouTube account and uploaded several videos to it. We've also recently created a facebook page. But other than adding a link to our website, we haven't really promoted it yet.

Other thoughts on how to effectively use these tools for our industry are welcome.

Thanks in Advance

Production is fun - but lets not forget: Nobody ever died on the video table!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved