BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Video farms or delivery systems to stream large amounts of video to monthly subscribers

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Jordan
Video farms or delivery systems to stream large amounts of video to monthly subscribers
on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:27:57 am

I hope this is the right place to post this question.

We are working on a training website that will feature somewhere around 150 - 200 videos, ranging from around 38MB - 85MB upload size OR 3minutes to 15 minutes each and everything in between.
• They will be uploaded @ 720 x 416 in size
• Compressed and ready to go @ 600kbps .mov files

We have been looking at Viddler.com and having been a lot of tests. Their starting package is 100GB (which is about 300 minutes) per month for $100.00 and then pro rated after that for additional streaming minutes.

We really liked Viddler because they take our files and recompress them into several formats to deliver them to any computer and iOS device. They have a lot of features that you can taylor to in their control panel including custom players.

We just got through viewing and approving one of our training video's and it was 13 minutes long. That means, if 100 people watched this video, that would be 1,300 minutes...4x's the basic amount for Viddler's start up pkg. of $100.00. As I thought about this, I realized WOW, with say 150 video's @ varying lengths, this could very easily become cost prohibitive.

Our website will be subscriber based, that will offset streaming costs, but I really feel I need to find a company that can move a lot more data to 100's of subscribers through out the month at a better rate. We potentially could be moving terabits of video content every month.

Does anyone have any suggestions or options that would best fit this type of business model?

Thanks in advance!

Quad-Core, 2.93GHz, OS 10.6.8, 32GB Ram, external 4TB RAID eSATA, 4TB Internal, ATI Radeon HD 4870 graphics card, FCP Studio 7, AE 9.0.2, Boris BCC, FEC, CoreMelt 2, FxFactory Pro 2, idustrial revolution Volumetrix, Yanobox Motype, Squeeze for the Web, MacBook Pro (MBP) 2.6 GHz, Panasonic HPX300 Video Camera, 2 - Canon 5DMKII's w/Pclix controllers.
The entire Adobe Creative Suite 4, Design Premium.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 21 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.

Return to posts index

Sam Cornelis
Re: Video farms or delivery systems to stream large amounts of video to monthly subscribers
on Aug 23, 2011 at 9:47:03 pm

Have you checked vimeo pro?

Sam

- I have read the entire internet, and I am feeling a little bit bored, so I started to reply to interesting forum topics.

Return to posts index

Matt Hall
Re: Video farms or delivery systems to stream large amounts of video to monthly subscribers
on Aug 24, 2011 at 3:24:39 pm

Another option is brightcove.com

Return to posts index

Sinead O'toole
on Jul 25, 2014 at 7:11:32 pm

Your best bet is to go with a platform that offers the most flexibility as possible. As you are not uploading everyday,I say you are still in beginners range and for that you should check out DaCast(http://www.dacast.com) DaCast offers Pay As You Go plan which means you can add bandwidth for your videos along with audience increases with respect to demand for your content.

Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]