BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

How do your clients contact you?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Kaley
How do your clients contact you?
on Aug 20, 2011 at 7:59:28 pm

I had a client contact me today for small tweeks to a edit.
They first called my office phone for an initial conversation.
They then emailed me a revised script with more direction.
A half hour later, they called my cell phone for another conversation.
And just now, I received a text message to hold everything; the end client is making more changes.

I'm holding out as long as I can for a smart phone, but those days may be numbered.

What do your clients use most often to contact you in your business?

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: How do your clients contact you?
on Aug 21, 2011 at 12:45:48 am

90% of the time it's a phone call, the rest of the time it's an email.

That's for existing clients we already work with.

With new clients, or those making inquiries for the very first time, I'd say it's pretty much split evenly between phone calls and emails... with a few feedback form submissions from our website thrown in.

I have one particular client that likes to trade texts with me, but that's concerning projects with him that are already underway. He's the only one that ever texts.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Aug 21, 2011 at 3:18:03 am

Sounds pretty normal to me

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Aug 21, 2011 at 5:54:04 pm

How do we communicate with clients? Any way they want.

New business often comes to us as a lead we need to call. Sometimes the call comes from the prospective client, but rarely.

In a couple of cases in recent years I've been approached in person at trade conferences where we have a fairly high profile.

Contact with present and on-going clients can be in-person meetings at their offices or ours, but more often then not it's by phone. Sometimes email, especially those in different time zones. Media Batch software has greatly cut back on clients feeling like they need to come see things in our place to give "notes."

Then there are some people, actually an increasing number these days, that prefer to receive and send short text messages. These are best for things like setting up times for phone calls or requests for small things like, "I need a copy of your ____ division's logo in an .eps format."Or from them, "In meeting now. Will call after 2." Or, "Meet at freight dock, not front door."

Each form of communication has its strengths and I'm not sure we could ever function again without each of them. For God's sake, GET a decent texting phone! You will wonder how you lived without it.

Oh... and there's Apple's relatively recent "Facetime" very simple and very inexpensive visual conferencing. Have only had one mildly joking request to use this, but politely didn't accept. Mostly because I don't feel like taking the time and resources to set-up the lighting, audio and background to get to a standard with which I'd be comfortable. But I see that on the horizon.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 21, 2011 at 10:09:08 pm

I usually get one of these:

or a call:

But if I want to be SURE a client calls me, even if they haven't made contact in months, all I need to do is wipe his project files off my hard drive and mark everything "completed", and I can be sure he'll call with some new changes within 24 hours. It never fails.

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Aug 22, 2011 at 12:34:31 am

There's also facebook, linkedin, skype, and sometimes they just stop in. I do believe you have control over it if you discuss with your client. Phone calls with changes I request an email so I have things in writing.

Steve

Return to posts index

Andrew Evans
on Aug 22, 2011 at 1:42:19 am

amen to that

Andrew Evans
Lake TV
iMac 2.5G Quad 8GB
FCS 3

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Aug 22, 2011 at 5:19:19 am

I had a project sit dormant for three years. Called the client and asked the obvious. "thats in distribution. Wipe it" I waited a week before hitting the key. As I watched the progress bar, they called............

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:58:08 pm

70% email; 10% text; 10% in person; 10% phone. I gave up my cell phone several months ago. I transferred my business # to a Line2 account, so now my phone is on my iPod. Unlimited calling & texting (over Wi-Fi) for $9.95 a month. Sweet.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Aug 29, 2011 at 1:35:25 pm

I usually get booked with a call but after that it's all emails. I get the script via, email, they often drop off elements then cruise, and today, I email an approval or two, and today, 95 percent of my fullfillment is an upload.

Return to posts index

Patrick Ortman
on Aug 31, 2011 at 4:13:28 pm

Mostly emails, a few phonecalls or skypes, here.

----------------------------
PatrickOrtman, Inc.
Los Angeles Digital Agency and Video Production Company

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Aug 31, 2011 at 7:55:48 pm

Kind of trips me out in this day in age. Every now and then I'll have a potential client wherever, who runs away because I am not sitting in their suite. I could see that being a problem in the 80s, I guess but today? really?
It becomes an easy way to weed out those who can't evolve with the industry here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]