BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Video Shoot quote

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bruno silva
Video Shoot quote
on Aug 13, 2011 at 11:20:17 pm

I am working with a web designer who is creating a website focusing on financial advice. The client wants to shoot a 2min video talking about her history and philosophy to put on the site.
I will be shooting at her home office, some lighting involved and taking some photos for the site as well. Its my first time shooting something like this.
What would be a good quote to give to the web designer who is hiring me?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Video Shoot quote
on Aug 14, 2011 at 5:36:37 pm

It's helpful for you to understand your own business model.
http://freelanceswitch.com/rates/

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Aug 14, 2011 at 8:49:48 pm

Q:"Its my first time shooting something like this.
What would be a good quote to give to the web designer who is hiring me?"

A: "You get what you pay for" ?

Seriously, do you feel qualified to be charging for this, and does the client know how green you are?

If the answer is yes, then you need to figure your day rate. Use the link alraedy provided to research how to do that. Then the most important thing to do is not undercut the day rate, even if you are intimidated, because below that number you've calculated, you will only lose money on every job.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 14, 2011 at 8:59:37 pm

Yes. The key to the rate calculator is knowing that once everything is added, the rate is really your base rate. As you gain experience, talent, want to increase profit margin, you can increase that rate but above all else you must charge enough to survive.

Undercut your base rate and it may hang around your neck like an albatross. If you deliver well, word of mouth may bring your more business and you'll want that business to come in at a rate that will build not sink your business.

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Aug 18, 2011 at 1:48:39 pm

just a day rate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]