BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Looking for combo translation, VO and subtitling services in Chicago

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark SuszkoLooking for combo translation, VO and subtitling services in Chicago
by on Aug 3, 2011 at 3:41:38 pm

I have a 10-minute program that needs to have audio translations and subtitling work done. The master is in English, we're looking to get it back on a DVD with an audio track voiced in Polish and one in Spanish, and also to get subtitle tracks in those two languages and English. I'm sure there has to be one or more outfits in Chicago that can handle that, I'm looking for a name or a link. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Chuck PullenRe: Looking for combo translation, VO and subtitling services in Chicago
by on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:50:01 pm

Hey Mark, I think TeleVersions might be able to do that, or might know someone who does.

http://televersions.com/

Chuck

Return to posts index

Dylan HargreavesRe: Looking for combo translation, VO and subtitling services in Chicago
by on Aug 12, 2011 at 10:03:02 pm

Hey Mark,

Any reason it has to be Chicago? We do this sort of thing regularly for loads of clients - in fact, it's become one of our specialties - including the voiceover part. We're over in London, but I hear there's this internet thing now...

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Looking for combo translation, VO and subtitling services in Chicago
by on Aug 12, 2011 at 11:37:00 pm

This project is long gone now, but to answer your question, when you work in government, you have to work within a framework of established boundaries and procedures. One of those are the rules for procurement and reimbursement and we have a legislated preference for vendors within our borders. A private person or even someone in a corporation can get something done in a hurry commercially, and not be too fussy about overpaying or using sketchy suppliers. We have a lot of rules and procedures that are absolute and sometimes byzantine, but then again, it is the People's tax money, and it *should* be very carefully spent, and only when necessary. So we have a lot more hoops for vendors and services to go thru, as part of our proper fiduciary responsibility. Being located physically in-state is one such. We can break that rule occasionally, under extenuating circumstances, but that takes more time than the project had.

Readers' Digest version of this explanation: If it wasn't a deal-breaker, I wouldn't have bothered to mention it in the first place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]