BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Commercial Ad Agency Reps

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Micah Neidhart
Commercial Ad Agency Reps
on Jun 8, 2011 at 7:25:43 am

Greetings,

I work for a fairly new visual effects and motion graphics called The Effects Forge. Right now we are looking for ways to market our company to ad agencies and get more commercial type work. We have been told that it would be a good idea to hire a service that could represent us to ad agencies.

Do you have any recommendations for services like this? Are there any other ideas we should consider?

Thanks!
Micah N.
http://www.effectsforge.com

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: Commercial Ad Agency Reps
on Jun 9, 2011 at 4:09:15 am

[Micah Neidhart] "Do you have any recommendations for services like this? Are there any other ideas we should consider?"

You could hire one of the ad agencies your trying to target for work, and do a trade out.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

Return to posts index

Patrick Ortman
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:15:21 pm

I think Micah's talking about something like a manager, or a producer or director's rep kind of thing.

----------------------------
PatrickOrtman, Inc.
Los Angeles Digital Agency and Video Production Company

Return to posts index

Micah Neidhart
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:30:25 pm

Right, basically someone who has established relationships with ad agencies and that could act as our agent to get us work.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 11, 2011 at 12:19:19 am

Most major cities have an "Ad Club" or similar organization where all the media reps and production houses hang out. Just look it up. Go to a few events and mostly get to know the people in these organizatons. Sooner or later you'll begin to understand who the top shops in your community are and who makes the purchasing decisions on ad production.

Just understand that it's a long process of building trust. Not something where you walk in, tell someone that you can make great stuff - and walk out with a pocketfull of orders.

You're a RISK right now. When they get to know you and your work, and begin to feel it's NOT a risk to try a new vendor, you'll begin to see results. That's how business has ALWAYS worked.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Conner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]