BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Filming and broadcast legalities – webcast – audience members

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel De AvilaFilming and broadcast legalities – webcast – audience members
by on May 18, 2011 at 3:08:26 pm

Looking for some advice please.

The situation: a large conference centre (in the U.K.), with auditorium rooms that have been hired out by our client for presentation use. I have been hired to record the session, edit it, and then produce a webcast.

All the speakers will be signing waiver forms but there are going to be audience q and a. These presentations and questions are going to be broadcast via the web but it’s just the audio of the questions being broadcast. No head shot of the audience members.

Do we need to have sign off forms for the audience members who ask questions?

I must admit, that in the past, I never bothered to consider this element. Audience members, at least in these situations; where not really considered.

Sincerely
Daniel

Return to posts index

Chuck PullenRe: Filming and broadcast legalities – webcast – audience members
by on May 18, 2011 at 5:12:26 pm

I forget the exact legalese but we normally have large posters at our events at each entrance that read. "This event is being recorded for a future broadcast, by entering this auditorium you agree to potentially have your voice/likeness recorded and/or broadcast."

Chuck

Return to posts index

Daniel De AvilaRe: Filming and broadcast legalities – webcast – audience members
by on May 18, 2011 at 5:36:06 pm

Hello

yes - after a moment of thinking about it, that seemed like the best way to cover it.

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Gav BottRe: Filming and broadcast legalities â?? webcast â?? audience members
by on May 19, 2011 at 3:30:11 am

If the event is ticketed is also easy to print on ticket T&C's

Thanks

Gav

The Brit in Brisbane
The Pomme in Production - Brisbane Australia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]