BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Just keeps getting more bizarre

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard HerdJust keeps getting more bizarre
by on May 9, 2011 at 4:48:08 pm

After totally screwing up an earlier contact, this time I have been following the advice from this forum, and I got a PO and deposit. Wow!

Here's some backstory:

I submitted Quote 1 assuming the client would pay the vendors directly. That did not work because the client's insurance deductible is huge, so I submitted Quote 2, including all my hard costs and the insurance deductible.

My contact submitted Quote 1 to his boss who submitted to the capital committee and they approved the wrong quote. Long story short: someone has to pay the insurance deductible, on a credit card, which is a 7-day hold really, if the equipment comes back unharmed.

After leaving several phone calls, my contact appears not to be returning my phone calls, avoiding me.

My question is, My understanding is since I have a PO, I have the right to perform said services. Meaning, the client cannot just cancel the PO. If they do cancel, how much money am I entitled to? The client has already purchased my plane ticket and hotel room, so do I just fly down there, anyway.

My other question is, Why can't I just invoice them for the deductible and call it "POST PRODUCTION DEPOSIT"?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Just keeps getting more bizarre
by on May 9, 2011 at 10:44:00 pm

Don't lift a finger until the insurance questions are satisfactorily settled. Send them a certified letter with a return receipt ASAP, and tell them you'll have to opt out if the matter is not resolved within seven days of their receiving the letter.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Just keeps getting more bizarre
by on May 10, 2011 at 5:53:41 am

Thanks yet again, DRW!

I merely mentioned my position and next steps, and next thing I know the issue is resolved in my favor.

Then we discussed the art.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved