BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

AV Insurance

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chas SmithAV Insurance
by on Apr 13, 2011 at 10:21:41 pm

Anyone have suggestions about AV insurance? Got a renewal in the mail and it is almost double what it was last year. I had no claims, paid in full last year and called company to ask why.
They said it was "industry-wide". Ok... whatever.

Anyways... I'm shopping around. Would appreciate any input. I'm a small shop and need to check alternatives.

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: AV Insurance
by on Apr 14, 2011 at 7:35:43 pm

Call around, that's what I do. It's a pain but can save you money.

Also, keep the Liability coverage but lowering the equipment coverage can save you. It's a gamble that Not ALL of your gear will suffer a loss/damage/etc.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jeff CadgeRe: AV Insurance
by on Apr 15, 2011 at 12:59:08 am

We had a similar problem with our old insurance company and found an organization call Fractured
Atlas which helps artists and video people with insurance needs They're very quick with insurance certificates which are a need for almost all location shoots. They insure our equipment
as well, not sure how they handle rental insurance.

Good Luck,

Jeff Cadge

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: AV Insurance
by on Apr 17, 2011 at 9:48:52 pm

when an insurance co invites you to move onward and upward, you should take em up on it.

Return to posts index

Chas SmithRe: AV Insurance
by on May 6, 2011 at 1:39:03 am

Thanks for all the postings/replies. Did some adjusting and will stay put for now. But am seriously looking at the suggested options and other resources. Just hate to not have some coverage.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved