BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Look for the Union Label

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd TerryLook for the Union Label
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:24:57 pm

Oh, the unions.

I just felt the need to share this...

Sometimes I just have to scratch my head and wonder how anything ever gets done.

The mail just ran, and in it was some correspondence from SAG/AFTRA. They contend we filled out one little section of some paperwork incorrectly for a talent hire on a past project, and urgently wanted us to correct it and return the forms to them.

This was from a job in 2006.

Yes, five years ago.

To add yet another twist, the talent in question was the great Don LaFontaine. The late great Don LaFontaine. Don, sadly, has been dead for almost three years.

I'll just chalk it up to another of my long list of reasons that I find the performers' unions to be so inept and ineffective. And I say that as a SAG/AFTRA member myself.

Rant over,

Todd Terry
Creative Director
Fantastic Plastic Entertainment, Inc.

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Look for the Union Label
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 10:50:59 pm

Think of all the actors and voice talent working in horrible conditions, like coal mines, for 20 hrs a day making peanuts. Remember, the union is about them, not you.

Return to posts index

Craig SeemanRe: Look for the Union Label
by on Apr 11, 2011 at 11:16:55 pm

This is easy to understand. There's probably one of two things.
Either something regarding the estate being settled or he's still getting work from beyond.
Maybe just hired to be the Voice of G** or . . . the other voice . . . and this has retroactive impact.

Return to posts index

Patrick OrtmanRe: Look for the Union Label
by on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:58:23 am

And I thought it was stupid that we got paperwork about a spot we did two years ago... you win!

PatrickOrtman, Inc.
Los Angeles Digital Agency and Video Production Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved