BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

I heard there were some companies demoing video stuff in Vegas while Apple is demoing FCP

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
I heard there were some companies demoing video stuff in Vegas while Apple is demoing FCP
on Apr 7, 2011 at 9:56:00 pm

The National Apple Breakthru convention is in Vegas next week. I heard a rumor a few other broadcast-related companies might be there. I wonder if they are all there to sell stuff that goes with Apple? And will anybody care? :-)

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: I heard there were some companies demoing video stuff in Vegas while Apple is demoing FCP
on Apr 7, 2011 at 11:11:30 pm

Wall to wall mousepads and iPhone covers. Otherwise, mostly earbuds and one-trick apps. Yawn.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: I heard there were some companies demoing video stuff in Vegas while Apple is demoing FCP
on Apr 7, 2011 at 11:11:56 pm

LOL, well, they DID steal all the thunder in one move, didn't they?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 7, 2011 at 11:22:25 pm

I know my primary thing to look for while I'm there is upgrade storage solutions. We're growing and need the storage to grow with us. In that area, LOTS of options out there these days...... :)

What's this you say? Apple made some sort of an announcement or something? must have missed that......

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Apr 8, 2011 at 3:11:25 am

[walter biscardi] "What's this you say? Apple made some sort of an announcement or something? must have missed that......"

Walter, this is inexcusable! You really should read your own blog.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 8, 2011 at 12:20:25 pm

[Jason Jenkins] "Walter, this is inexcusable! You really should read your own blog."

Dang! You're right!

One of the highlights for me actually will be the Media Motion Ball on Monday night. My first time attending. Also hoping to get more up to speed on Studio Suite 9 and CatDV.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Patrick Ortman
on Apr 8, 2011 at 9:14:13 pm

I'm not attending this year, as part of the worldwide protest movement to get Firefly back on the air...

----------------------------
PatrickOrtman, Inc.
Los Angeles Digital Agency and Video Production Company

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:24:50 pm

Mac fantics are the "Browncoats" of computes already; you should fit right in

:-)

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Apr 8, 2011 at 11:31:54 pm

@Patrick, Post of the year.

Return to posts index

Cory Petkovsek
on Apr 9, 2011 at 8:05:10 am

Red will be showing off their new camera EPIC; which it is.
Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 12, 2011 at 1:22:52 am

Just PLEASE tell me that THIS one won't take 4 years from announcement to a purchasable device.

(sent from Ballys where the Supermeet chatter is palpable and Mike Horton mumbled something about "extra security" for tomorrow night when I talked to him at noon. Nothing DULL about this year at NAB whatever happens!)

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Conner

Return to posts index

Patrick Ortman
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:56:05 am

Thanks!

----------------------------
PatrickOrtman, Inc.
Los Angeles Digital Agency and Video Production Company

Return to posts index

grinner hester
on Apr 17, 2011 at 9:53:39 pm

sure. Folks love stuff on the cheap. Just because companies like Avid refuse to evolve doesn't mean we should all stand stagnant. FCP has improcved more since announcing they will not improve the product than Avid has since boasting real time HD on boxes that can't handle HD>

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]