BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

How to sell my project

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alberto ferrignoHow to sell my project
by on Apr 3, 2011 at 4:32:13 pm

Dear Gentlemen, on December last year i posted this same question, I was suggested to use Jansen, which is a fine distribuitor, the only problem is that they ask for $6,000 for six months or $10,000 for one year, and am not sure i should sink more money into my project specialy since there are no guaranties is going to succed,

There are other distribuitors out there that may not ask for money upfront but i dont know how honest they are, I have read about some bad experiences other independent producers have had with distribuitors, i myself have a brother who is a musician and whose work is been sold in big websites, he never receives one cent in royalties.

So basicaly am asking, if you were in my place, which distribuitor would you use?

Thanks for any info.

Alberto Ferrigno

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: How to sell my project
by on Apr 3, 2011 at 5:54:00 pm

I wish I could recomend one but I can't. Today, money can be saved via self distribution. After ahandful of 30 percent keepers and disappointing results, that's what I've resulted to. I guess it's much like ya hear... if you want soemthing done right...
That's the bottom line. Nobody will ever be as passionate about your projects as you are.
So what does self distribution include? Lots of cold calling as you can imagine.It's really no dofferent than any other vidiot marketing themselves.

Return to posts index

Malcolm MatuskyRe: How to sell my project
by on Apr 3, 2011 at 7:02:23 pm buy this book, read it, then you will have enough information to do it yourself or keep looking for an "honest" distributor, good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved